SHEAR WAVE ELASTOGRAPHY
- An imaging technique which uses ultrasound to diagnose and study fibrosis in the liver is known as Liver Elastography.
- When blood flow reduces to liver, it is known as Fibrosis.
- A qualified technician performs Liver Elastography using Fibro Scan equipment.
- Liver Fibrosis treatment is important as if not treated timely, then it may result in liver failure, liver cancer, and cirrhosis of the liver.
- Prior to 1 hour when the Liver Ultrasound is going to take place, one should not eat or drink.
- It takes only about 5–15 minutes to perform the same.