- Fetal Echocardiography refers to the scan of the heart of the fetus/baby. It is done in the second trimester which is between the 18th to 24th week of the pregnancy.
- This scan helps us to know about the growth and development of the heart.
- During this examination, the doctor is able to see the flow of blood in the heart of the fetus/baby.
- This test helps to rule out abnormalities in the heart if any, and help to take necessary actions further.
- It takes about 30-120 minutes to perform the same.
- Fetal Echocardiography is safe, not causing any harm to the pregnant lady or the fetus/baby