- An imaging technique used to diagnose various diseases of eye globe (orbit) is known as CT ORBIT.
- This technique is useful in creating thin images of the eyes and the surrounding area or bones of the orbit from three different angels.
- It is advised when there is any internal eye injury, or any foreign object that has gone in the eye socket.
- CT Orbit can be done Plain or with Contrast as required.
- Contrast is given through veins for better delineation of pathology.
- CT Orbit Contrast helps to give clear images of the Orbit.
- No preparation is required for plain scan. For contrast study fasting for at least 4 hours is essential.
- CT Orbit is performed by a qualified and experienced technician, which may take about 05-15 minutes.