- HRCT means high resolution computed tomography.
Diagnosing and assessment of interstitial lung disease, like pulmonary fibrosis, and other generalized lung diseases such as emphysema and bronchiectasis is known as High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT).
HRCT chest examines the entire lung parenchyma.
- It helps to diagnose the disorders or diseases related to Lungs like bronchial asthma, allergic diseases, lung cancer, infections and injuries.
- Through HRCT very thin ( 1 mm) slice high resolution images are created.
- It takes only about 05–15 minutes to perform the same.
- It is a simple and painless scan.
- HRCT chest is very useful in diagnosing Covid -19 pneumonia.
- It detects complications of Covid at the early stage.