CT PULMONARY ANGIOGRAPHY
- An imaging technique in which, images are created using radiation technique which shows blood vessels going from the arteries to the lungs is known as CT Pulmonary Angiography.
- A contrast is given through veins in the form of injection, which passes through the arteries.
- It helps to detect blood clots in the lungs.
- During the scan, the heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing are observed.
- It is done in order to check the blood flow before or post-surgery.
- Before 3 hours, when the scan is going to be performed, one should not eat.
- It takes only about 15–30 minutes to perform the same.